Friday, June 5, 2009

Hi-Fives Garden Rant and the myth of gardens = scary

Garden Rant from http://www.gardenrant.com made this great comment I'd like to share in regards to people who are too nervous to garden:

"Scared? Please. Heart attacks are scary. "


I can't agree more, but I'm the type that throws herself into things because I figure, if it can't kill me, might as well just give it a TRY.

I've had a hell of a lot more types of failure to worry about, and gardening is the least of my worries. It's not life or death that's for sure.

Example, you don't need to start with a full blown garden. If you like tomatoes, or cucumbers, or even salad, you can just have ONE pot with that plant and give it a go! Little sprinkle of water, a bit of sunlight, bam! Instant tasty.

As the avuncular Felder Rushing said to someone once: “You don’t have a garden? Come on! Grow a pot of lettuce, man.”

No comments: